The Intermodal Transportation Facility – West (ITF-West) is Los Angeles International Airport’s (LAX) new approximately 4,300 stall parking structure, which will be located between Westchester Parkway and 96th Street. The facility will provide drop-off/pick-up locations and short and long-term parking options. The four-story parking structure will be the first component of LAX’s $5.5 billion Landside Access Modernization Program (LAMP) to be completed and will open in 2021, giving travelers an alternative option to driving into the Central Terminal Area when LAX is at the height of construction. Once completed, it will be more than just a parking structure – it will be the new front door to LAX - with an express link to the terminal area via the Automated People Mover (APM) train, which will open in 2023.
The ITF-West will feature meet & greet space, valet parking, the potential for up to 5,000 square feet of concession space, Wi-Fi, and direct connection to an APM station. From 2021 to 2023, a shuttle will provide transportation to and from the Central Terminal Area.
The 1.7 million square foot facility will also house Los Angeles World Airport’s (LAWA) Security & Badging Office (SBO), which is currently located off World Way West and Pershing Avenue. By moving the SBO into the ITF-West, the over 55,000 badged employees who work at the airport will now be able to take care of their badging needs in a centralized location.
The ITF-West will also include several sustainable elements including:
- Efficient LED lighting with energy saving light controls
- Dedicated parking spaces for low emitting vehicles and car/van pool vehicles
- Use of low flow plumbing fixtures
- Drought tolerant landscaping
- Electric vehicle charging stalls
- Use of recycled water
- Use of parking guidance system that will help reduce driving circulation time and emissions
The structure will also feature the latest in Smart Parking features including:
- Parking Guidance System – identifies number of available parking spaces
- Parking Space Indicator System – directs drivers to available parking spaces through use of green and red lights
Southwest Day View
Southwest Night View
*For high-resolution renderings, please contact Stephanie Sampson ([email protected]).