During the first phase in this process, LAWA convened over 50 meetings with LAX area stakeholders to provide information about the LAX Northside Plan Update to seek their constructive input.
Next, stakeholder feedback was incorporated into an updated proposal and LAWA prepared a comprehensive environmental report on the proposed Project to ensure compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). A Draft EIR was completed and circulated for review on May 15, 2014, a Final EIR was released on December 15, 2014, and a Final EIR Errata was released on March 2, 2015.
Now that the Final EIR has been completed, LAWA is seeking approvals for the LAX Northside Plan Update from the Board of Airport Commissioners, the City of Los Angeles, the County of Los Angeles Airport Land Use Commission, and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Community Planning / Public Outreach Process
- 2010 to present
Prepare environmental review documents
- Apr. 2012 - Dec. 2014
Seek required approvals
- Draft EIR Released (May 15, 2014)
- Draft EIR Comment Period Extended to July 21, 2014
- Final EIR Released (December 15, 2014)
- Final EIR Errata Released (March 2, 2015)
- LAX Northside Design Guidelines & Standards
- Final EIR
- Certification by Board of Airport Commissioners (March 12, 2015)
- Department of City Planning Public Hearing (March 26, 2015)
- Vesting Tentative Tract Map # 72148 Approval (April 22, 2015)
- City Planning Commission (June 25, 2015)
- Draft Request for Qualifications (March 2018)
- Request for Qualifications (September 2018)
- Request for Proposals (TBD)