Insurance: To be acquired only after bid has been awarded or permit has been approved
Pursuant to Los Angeles Administrative Code, Division 11, Chapter 2, Article 2, Section 11.47 and the Risk Management Policy (Council File #79-3194-S1) adopted by Los Angeles City Council on March 1, 1991, the City of Los Angeles is to be protected to the maximum extent feasible, against loss or losses which would significantly affect personnel, property, finances, or the ability of the City to continue to fulfill its responsibilities to taxpayers and the public.
Successful Bidder/Proposer/Permittee and their subcontractors must provide acceptable evidence of insurance as explained in the attachments prior to commencing work on the contract. Said acceptable evidence of insurance must remain current throughout the term of the contract and be on file with the Insurance Compliance Unit in order to receive payment under any contract with the City of Los Angeles.
- Insurance Requirement Sheet (available only upon the release of the RFP/RFB/Permit, as insurance requirements will vary by project)
- Insurance Language
- Guidance for Submitting Insurance
- New LAWA Insurance Requirements
- Insurance Compliance Frequently Asked Questions
- Insurance Compliance Unit Contact Information
For information on business opportunities at LAWA, access the Los Angeles Business Assistance Virtual Network. We look forward to doing business with you!