Landside Operations mission is to facilitate movement of people and vehicles at LAX through continuous monitoring of roadways and facilities with a focus on mitigating traffic impacts during incidents, peak periods, and construction activities.
Airport Operations is proud to be part of a significant initiative to improve the landside infrastructure at LAX known as the LAMP, Landside Access Modernization Program. This project is a new ground transportation network consisting of four major elements.
These elements include:
- An elevated, 2.25-mile Automated People Mover (APM);
- Two Intermodal Transportation Facilities (ITF) with parking areas allowing for drop-offs and pick-ups from personal vehicles, buses, shuttles, taxis and ride-sharing services;
- A Consolidated Rental Car facility (CONRAC) which will consolidate the rental car agencies near the airport at one location; and,
- A comprehensive series of roadway improvements to alleviate traffic congestion in and around airport facilities. This system will also connect LAX with Metro’s proposed Airport Metro Connector (AMC) 96th Street Transit Station, to be located at 96th Street/Aviation Boulevard.
- LAX Entrance and Exit Map
- Current LAX Ground Transportation Waiting Areas
- Current Airline Location by Terminals
For more information call or email us at:
Main office line: (424) 646-5841