The LAXceeders mission is to empower students with skills to exceed within the aviation industry, while introducing students to the airport environment, developing communications skills and promoting community partnerships.
The LAXceeders Student Volunteer Program is committed to the enhancement of guest services. The program is comprised of good will representatives who provide high-level, personal assistance and information in a professional manner to guests using LAX.
LAXceeders Student Volunteers represent a very important segment of the airport’s elite team of volunteers. As student volunteer, you are free to set your volunteer schedule, but you must be prepared to fulfill your LAXceeders Student Volunteer Program commitments.
WHAT DO LAXceeders DO?
- Directly and positively influence the guest's experience at Los Angeles International Airport by providing airport information and assistance.
- Consistently and efficiently assist and provide information to airport guests in a courteous, friendly and professional demeanor.
- Meet the needs of our community through meaningful outreach and service.
- Volunteer a minimum of two (2) hours during the week or three (3) hours on the weekend each week, participate in training programs and meetings;
- Be at least 16 to 18 years of age and currently enrolled in high school grades 10, 11 or 12, and possess provide a valid photo ID (student ID, California ID or California driver’s license);
- Complete and pass Los Angeles World Airports’ (LAWA) fingerprint and badging process.
Monique Bell, LAXceeders Program Director, at (424) 646-7483 or [email protected]
- LAXceeders Flyer
- LAXceeders Student Volunteer Program Application
- LAXceeders Student Volunteer Program Fact Sheet