Small Business Enterprise Program (SBE) - Project Specific, the RFP will specify whether SBE compliance is required.
Pursuant to the provisions of Resolution No. 24820 of the Board of Airport Commissioners, it is the policy of Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) to provide Small Business Enterprises (SBEs) an equal opportunity to participate in the performance of all LAWA contracts. The objective of this policy is to achieve the participation of SBEs at levels comparable to their availability to provide services to Los Angeles World Airports, with the ultimate goal of developing their status and expertise so that they may compete for future contracts on an equal basis.
LAWA defines as SBE as an independently-owned and operated business that meets the criteria set forth by the Small Business Administration 8(a) Business Development Program. Go to www.sba.gov for more information.
Effective October 1, 2012, all LAWA construction, non-professional and personal services including professional services projects with an estimated value of more than $150,000 will be reviewed for SBE subcontracting opportunities. The mandatory participation level will be indicated in the bid/proposal packet.
Failure to meet this SBE participation level may disqualify bidding/proposing firms from being considered for award of the contract.
Primes shall be responsible for determining the SBE status of its subcontractors for purposes of meeting the SBE requirement. A subcontractor must qualify as an SBE based on the type of work it will be performing on the project. If the prime contractor is an SBE, the prime’s participation in the contract will count as 100% SBE.
- Federal Small Business Administration (SBA)
- State of California Department of General Services (DGS)
- California Department of Transportation (CALTRANS)
- LA Metro Small Business Enterprise (Metro)
- US Women’s Chamber of Commerce (USWCC)
- Women’s Business Enterprise Council WEST (WBEC-WEST)
- National Women Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC)
- City of Los Angeles, RAMPLA
- SBE Proprietary Roadmap and Application
- SBE Frequently Asked Questions
- SBE Rules and Regulations (Updated 10/8/2019)
- City of LA InterAgency Certification Recognition Chart
- Subcontractor Participation Plan and Instructions
- Sub-Contractor Utilization Status (Amendment or Extension)
For more information, please contact: Los Angeles World Airports, Procurement Services Division (former Contract Services Division), P.O.Box 92216, Los Angeles, CA 90009-2216; phone: (424) 646-5380, fax: (424) 646-9262, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not certified and wish to obtain Certification Materials or have questions regarding the certification process, please contact 213-847-2644 or 213-847-2650.
For information on business opportunities at LAWA, access the Regional Alliance Marketplace for Procurement (RAMP). We look forward to doing business with you!