JobsAtLAXCompanyRegistrationForm rev041318First Source Hiring Program (FSHP) - The RFB or RFP will specify whether this Program will apply.
Los Angeles World Airport worked in partnership with the LAX Coalition for Economic, Environmental and Educational Justice (LAX Coalition) to develop programs to ensure that the communities impacted by the LAX Master Plan Program also receive benefits through the Community Benefits Agreement (CBA).
The LAX Coalition includes community groups, environmental organizations and labor unions. The purpose of the CBA is to provide economic benefits to local communities in the Project Impact Areas (PIA) affected by airport projects: South Los Angeles, Lennox, Hawthorne, El Segundo and Inglewood.
Pursuant to Resolution No. 22674 adopted by Board of Airport Commissioners on April 18, 2005, any contract awarded July 1, 2005 and thereafter is subject to the applicable provisions of the First Source Hiring Program (FSHP) for LAX airport jobs. The program provides early access to targeted applicants for available LAX airport jobs, and employers receive prompt, cost-free referrals of qualified and trained applicants.
All Contractors, Lessees, Licensees, and Construction Contractors with non-trade jobs, with new, amended, or renewed contracts are required to participate in this program. As such, the FSHP is incorporated as a material term of all LAX airport contracts and lease agreements.
Failure to comply with this contract provision may result in liquidated damages of $1,000.00.
- Upon notification of award of contract, the vendor must complete and return the FSHP New Employer Registration Form (Program Registration Form below).
- Companies that have a non-construction vacancy must notify the FSHP analysts;
- Business and Job Resources Division will provide candidates from the PIA (Project Impact Area) for interview consideration within 5 days, using a referral system through:
- Employment Development Department (EDD);
- Community Based Organizations;
- FSHP Applicant Tracking System
- LAWA Contractor will exercise good faith in conducting interviews of qualified PIA residents for a 2-week period before opening the position to the general public;
- The contractor will keep records of candidates for LAWA review.
Additional information regarding FSHP may be obtained at Business and Job Resources Center, First Source Hiring Program, 6053 West Century Blvd., 3rd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90045; phone: (424) 646-7300, fax: (424) 646-9257, web: www.lawa.org/bjrc.
For more information on LAWA administrative requirements, please contact: Los Angeles World Airports, Procurement Services Division (former Contract Services Division), P.O.Box 92216, Los Angeles, CA 90009-2216; phone: (424) 646-5380, fax: (424) 646-9262, e-mail: [email protected].
For information on business opportunities at LAWA, access the Los Angeles Business Assistance Virtual Network. We look forward to doing business with you!