Ranked as the second busiest airport in the nation and fourth busiest in the world in terms of passenger traffic, safe and secure operations are among the top priorities at Los Angeles World Airports. To better fulfill the LAWA Gold Standard of law enforcement and safety services at our airports, LAWA is modernizing and improving the way those services are delivered.
The new Airport Police Facility (APF) will be a purpose-built structure, consolidating 1,180 Airport Police staff from eight different locations into one central facility. The APF will be designed to accommodate the operations of critical police functions with the infrastructure to support the next generation of law enforcement technologies and best practices.
The Board of Airport Commissioners certified the final Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the Project in 2015 as part of the LAX Northside Plan Update.
The current project site was selected with the input of the community, stakeholders and Council District 11.
PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS & BENEFITS
- 160,000 sq. ft. of new, state-of-the-art construction with future-proofing in mind
- Improved communication and coordination of essential public safety operations and resources
- Compliance with Title XXIV energy use requirements
- Built to CalGreen Tier 1 Standards and will attain a minimum of LEED Silver certification
- Inclusion of a 12-foot-wide paseo along Westchester Parkway and a multi-purpose room available by reservation
DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION TIMELINE
|Design and Construction Timeline|
|Summer 2019||Pre-Construction Activities|
|Fall 2019||Groundbreaking, major construction starts, soil removal|
|Spring 2020||Final Design, Site Utilities, and Foundation work continues|
|Fall 2020||Major construction continues and parking garage is completed|
|Summer 2021||Headquarters Substantial Completion|
|Fall 2021||Move-in and Site becomes operational|