Officer Jay Kim
The PIO reports directly to the Chief of Airport
Police and coordinates responses to all media inquiries. Information about Airport
Police and its functions, crime incidents, policies and procedures, programs, services,
and related information are also disseminated as needed by the PIO.
Media Parking Information:
NOTE: Contact the Media Relations to obtain LAX Media Parking Permits. Tel: 424-646-5260
AUTHORIZED MEDIA PARKING AREA WITH A PERMIT:
- Upper/Departures Level curbside between Terminal 3 and Tom Bradley International Terminal
- Upper/Departures Level curbside east of Terminal 7
- North side of LAX-it lot on raised concrete area
- The permit is non-transferable. The permit must be displayed in the lower left front windshield.
- Vehicles may be left unattended. However, drivers MUST do the following:
1. Call Airport Police Watch Commander at (424) 646-6100
2. Leave cell phone numbers in plain view next to the permit
- Please note that the curbside and terminal situation at LAX can change on a moment’s notice. Even if media vehicles are parked in the proper locations, law enforcement officers may ask media at any time to yield a designated media parking area temporarily for law enforcement use. COOPERATION BY THE MEDIA IN THESE SITUATIONS IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.
- All media vehicles may park in Central Terminal Area parking structures 1, 2A, 5 and 6 for free up to eight (8) hours with validation from the security desk in the lobby of the Los Angeles World Airports Administration Building at One World Way (Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.) or at the LAX Guest Experience office on the ground level of the LAX Theme Building [Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – call (424) 646-5438 in advance]. If your parking ticket is not validated, you must pay for parking.
- Media vehicles may NOT park in curbside zones or parking slots designated by signage for public ground transportation services, for vehicles displaying Americans With Disabilities Act (i.e., wheelchair) placards and license plates, nor adjacent to fire hydrants or in front of any terminal entrance/exit doors.
- All media vehicles parked terminal curbside must display valid LAX Media Parking Permits.
- If your vehicle is towed, please call Los Angeles Airport Police at (424) 646-6100 for information. Effective: August 2020
NOTE: Please do not leave vehicles unattended at curbside, unless you follow the above guidelines described for the Upper/Departures Level curbside between Terminal 3 and Tom Bradley International Terminal, east of Terminal 7, and LAX-it lot. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in citation, tow-away, and permit confiscation. A new one will not be issued until after the expiration date of the revoked permit. If the same vehicle is cited and/or cited/towed twice and the permit revoked twice, no future media parking permits will be issued to that vehicle. If the parking permits of two vehicles from the same news organization are permanently revoked, ALL of the parking permits issued to vehicles of that news organization will be permanently revoked.