VNY Film Policy
In accordance with the City Of Los Angeles’ “Film Friendly” policy, Van Nuys Airport provides unparalleled access for filming and related production activities. Due to the unique nature of the airport environment LAWA has established specific policies and procedures to accommodate filming activities while ensuring the safety of aircraft operations. In order for the film-permitting process to proceed as smoothly as possible these policies and procedures must be adhered to.
Prior to the issuance of a Film Permit from the Van Nuys Film Desk all of the following conditions must be met:
- Required insurance must be in place and in effect no later than 72 hours prior to the proposed production date.
- A Letter of Intent containing detailed information regarding the proposed production activities must be approved by Van Nuys Airport Film Desk no later than 72 hours prior to the proposed production date.
- A signed copy of the Film Permit Terms & Conditions is filed with the Van Nuys Film Desk.
- A copy of the production company’s Business Tax Registration Certificate is filed with the Van Nuys Film Desk.
- An Initial Deposit for the amount of 120% of the charges for the proposed production activity must be submitted to the Van Nuys Film Desk no later than 48 hours prior to the proposed production date.
- Film production activity cannot disrupt airport operations at any time.
To meet the above specified deadlines and make the proposed production date, it is essential that the Film Permit application process begin no later than 7 business days prior to the proposed production date. Unfortunately, short-notice requests for film production activity cannot be accommodated. We thank you for cooperation and assistance in advance for communicating this information to production companies that may wish to film on your leasehold.
If you have any questions, or would like more detailed information on the Film Permit Application Process, please contact the Van Nuys Airport Film Desk at 818-442-6544.