Ground Transportation Permit Services
7301 World Way West, 1st Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Phone: (424) 646-6460
Fax: (424) 646-9253
Our office and public counter are currently available by appointment for transponder and decal issuance only, for all other transactions please email [email protected] or call
(424) 646-6460. To schedule an appointment for transponder and decal issuance, please use our online appointment scheduling system.
Closed weekends and City Holidays
Transportation Charter Party (TCP) Permit:
More than 3,300 companies and 10,000 transportation charter party (TCP) vehicles are authorized to operate at LAX. All TCP carriers that conduct business at LAX (i.e. pick-up passengers) are required to have a current executed license agreement with the Department of Airports, display a valid vehicle decal and have a functioning Automatic Vehicle Identification (AVI) transponder affixed to each vehicle.
Operating with an invalid vehicle transponder and/or expired decal are violations of the LAX Commercial Vehicle Rules and Regulations and subject to citation and vehicle impound.
Dear Ground Transportation Operator:
Currently the GT counter is closed due to COVID-19 social distancing. Transactions (e.g. update your account, remit fees, add/delete vehicle, updated transponder, cancel your account) are being handled remotely please contact us by phone at 424-646-6460 or email at [email protected].
Do not come to the office for walk-in or unscheduled services.
Your email/voicemail should include your company name, contact name and phone number, company CPUC number, and the reason for your request. A member of the Ground Transportation Permits staff will contact you to assist you. Submittal of completed forms and all required documents will be by email or other remote means. Once all documentation is received and validated, staff may schedule an appointment with you to complete any necessary in-person steps. If you are adding a vehicle, you will receive an appointment to pick up your transponder and have the vehicle inspected. You will be required to wear a face covering and maintain social distance while completing your transaction.
The 2020/21 Re-decal period has been adjusted due to the COVID 19 social distancing directives. Please keep up to date by regularly checking our website.
All ground transportation operators must keep their accounts in compliance. That means:
- Payment of yearly $150 permit fee
- Payment of monthly circuit fees
- Keeping your business documents/certifications current
- Maintaining CPUC “active” status and
- Maintaining “approved” insurance status with LAWA’s Risk Management
Ground Transportation Permits staff will be will be reviewing individual accounts and scheduling appointments to collect fees and update account information. Airport police will continue to accept the green and gray decals as valid.
Our new on-line application and renewal process will begin this summer. Please monitor your emails closely for updates and information
To apply for a new Non-Exclusive License Agreement (NELA), complete the application form.
Please contact the LAX Ground Transportation Permits Office at (424) 646-6460 or [email protected] with any questions.
Documents & Forms
- Charter Carrier Application Instructions & Checklist
- Ground Transportation License Agreement Information Fillable Form (new applicants and updates)
- Ground Transportation Vehicle List
- Adding a Vehicle to Your Account-Checklist
- Ground Transportation Add/Delete Vehicle Form
- Charter Party Non-Exclusive License Agreement – SAMPLE ONLY
- Business Tax Registration Certificate (BTRC) information
- Insurance Forms
- Ground Transportation License Agreement Cancellation Form
Violation of LAX Ground Transportation Rules and Regulations may result in citation and vehicle impound.