Airfield Permits – Motor Vehicle Operating Permit (MVOP)
What is it?
This permit authorizes company vehicles to access the Airport Operations Area (AOA; e.g. service roads, ramp areas, etc.) to conduct business and/or operations.
Who gets it?
All companies that are required to utilize motor vehicles on the airfield.
Who doesn't get it?
- LAWA vehicles
- Ground equipment (tugs, loaders, etc.)
- Construction vehicles (see Monthly Airfield Access Permit)
- Taxis, limos, shuttle buses and other vehicles driven in public areas
Airports served by the Airfield Permits Unit
Application Instructions and Forms
- MVOP Decal Instructions
- MVOP Contact Information Form
- MVOP Vehicle List Form
- Link to LAX Alternative Fuel Vehicle Reporting Website
- Add/Delete/Replace Decal Instructions
- Add/Delete/Replace Decal Form
CONSTRUCTION VEHICLES must obtain a "Monthly Airfield Access Permit" issued by the Capital Programming Planning and Engineering Group, (424) 646-5700.
TAXI, LIMO, SHUTTLE BUS and other such public-side vehicles receive Ground Transportation Permits issued by Ground Transportation, (424) 646-6460.