Serving the Global Aviation Community
Located in the heart of the San Fernando Valley, just 10 miles from downtown Los Angeles, Van Nuys Airport (VNY) is distinguished as the nation's leading business airport and one of the world's busiest general aviation airfields.
Established in 1928 by America’s early flight pioneers, the 730-acre airport is home to five full-service fixed base operators and numerous aviation support companies that cater to a variety of private, corporate and government needs.
Van Nuys Airport is:
- A leading general aviation airport, with over 260,000 annual operations
- Home to nearly 700 aircraft on 730 acres of land
- A major employer, supporting over 12,300 jobs
- A vital economic engine, generating $1.3 billion annually
- A premier provider of FBO and aviation support services
Runway Improvement Project
Building a New Level of World-Class
In November 2012, work commenced on an approximately nine-month project to rehabilitate and modernize VNY’s 8,000-foot main runway (16R/34L) to meet current Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) design standards. This marks the largest maintenance project conducted at VNY in over 50 years and is scheduled for completion in August 2013.
This investment in the airport’s infrastructure will ensure that aircraft—from single-engine planes to multi-engine business jets—continue to move quickly, safely and efficiently. It will also promote economic growth and maintain VNY’s role as a powerful engine in the Southern California economy.
Van Nuys Airport offers:
- Two parallel north-south runways, 8,000 feet and 4,000 feet
- FAA-staffed air traffic control tower (6 a.m. to 10:45 p.m.)
- ILS,VOR,VOR/DME, LDA and GPS approaches
- 24-hour police and airfield operations support
- Pilot-controlled lighting
- Perimeter security fence
For more information about VNY, click here.