LAX FILM OFFICE
Los Angeles World Airports is pleased to offer its facilities to your production company. There are many usable sites at LAX available for filming 24 hours a day. Airport terminals, aircraft parking areas, airline ticket counters, baggage claim areas, parking lots and curbside check-in await filmmakers.
Due to security restrictions, filming in active passenger terminals is limited to public areas only. Filming activities beyond the Transportation Security Administration screening checkpoint are limited. These productions are approved on a case by case basis.
Available Filming Locations
With proper coordination the LAX Film Office is able to accommodate film production companies in almost any location at the airport as well as other LAWA owned properties. Productions are coordinated around airport operations with the least amount of impact to LAX tenants while allowing the film companies to obtain the shots they need. Locations include, but are not limited to:
- Terminal 1, Terminal 2, Terminal 3, Terminal 4, Terminal 5, Terminal 6, Terminals 7 & 8 (interior and exterior):
- Filming in terminals can include passenger holding areas and exterior gates, ticket counters, passenger boarding bridges, flight information display monitors, restaurants, and retail stores
- Production companies may build their own sets in certain areas (e.g. to replicate TSA Screening or USCBP FIS areas)
- Each terminal has certain restrictions –PLEASE CONTACT THE LAX FILM OFFICE FOR SPECIFICS
**FILMING OF ANY TSA OR USCBP AREA, PROCEDURES, PERSONNEL, EQUIPMENT OR SIGNAGE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED**
- Tom Bradley International Terminal –THIS TERMINAL IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR FILMING
- Various Areas of the Central Terminal Area (curbside, parking structures, parking lots)
- Imperial Terminal Ramp
- Old Air Traffic Control Tower - THIS PROPERTY IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR FILMING
- Sand Dunes (El Segundo Blue Butterfly Preserve) –RESTRICTIONS APPLY
- Manchester Square (streets, empty lots, and vacant properties) –THIS PROPERTY IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR FILMING OR PARKING
- Park and Fly (based on availability)
- LAX Parking Structures (some limitations apply)
- LAX Parking Lots C and Cell Phone Waiting Lot
- Sand Dunes (El Segundo Blue Butterfly Preserve) – RESTRICTIONS APPLY
- Manchester Square (streets and empty lots) - THIS PROPERTY IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR FILMING OR PARKING
REQUIREMENTS FOR USING LAX AIRPORT PROPERTY
BEFORE YOUR PROGRAM CAN BE APPROVED, THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION MUST BE PROVIDED TO THE LAX FILM OFFICE AT LEAST FIVE BUSINESS DAYS IN ADVANCE OF YOUR ARRIVAL DATE:
FAILURE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AND/OR SUBMIT PROPER DOCUMENTS IN A TIMELY MANNER WILL RESULT IN DENIAL OF USE OF AIRPORT PROPERTY FOR FILMING
- Contact the LAX Film Office to conduct a preliminary location scout. Scouting any airport property (including Manchester Square) is not allowed without LAX Film Office staff present. For administrative reasons, location scouts cannot be conducted on Saturday or Sunday.
- It is preferred that tech scouts must be conducted at least one week in advance of your filming date(s). For administrative reasons, tech scouts can not be held on Saturday or Sunday.
- Technical scouts are required prior to using airport property and determined on a case by case basis. The LAX Film Office, LAFD FSO, and appropriate terminal management (when applicable) are all required attendees at tech scouts.